Monday, August 16, 2021

16 August 2021: A Serious Question Is Asked

How will Lt. Gov. Hochul handle nursing home scandal once she becomes governor?

This report doesn't cover new information, but documents that Hochul pledged to fully cooperate in providing requested data on New York's COVID nursing home deaths on a national news program:

In a sit-down interview Sunday morning with Face The Nation, Hochul was asked when she plans to release the nursing home data.

Hochul replied, "I'm not going to raise expectations until I have those documents in my hand, I'm not. What I have done already is meet with the commissioner of health and we talked about what an outstanding request for data are in the realm. I will look at those and have my team focus on this early on. I've got a lot of priorities, but I'll absolutely make sure that my administration fully cooperates with request for data."

But how does Hochul think that will work with Cuomo's DOH Commissioner Howard Zucker, who allowed the doctoring of data released by his department by other senior figures in the Cuomo administration, staying in power atop the NYDOH with her consent?