Wednesday, September 21, 2022

21 September 2022: Cuomo Whines About Political Pals Who Defriended Him

Andrew Cuomo opens up about the ‘political friends’ who abandoned him

It says a lot about Andrew M. Cuomo's loss of power that this story was reported by New York Post gossip columnist Cindy Adams. Here's the main thrust of the resigned-in-disgrace governor's complaints:

Our ex-governor who never played nice just sent me flowers. He’s now being more nicer.

Now that Andrew Cuomo filed a lawsuit about his sexual harassment allegations, I asked what friends stood by him.

“Nobody. It was tough. Traumatizing. Biden, a friend 20 years, not knowing details, immediately said about me, ‘He’s got to go.’ Biden had troubles years before and I stood by him. Gave him the benefit of the doubt. It was heartbreaking to see him trash me without reading one page, making one phone call.

“Pelosi? Please. I know her 30 years. Her daughter worked for me. Obama? He’s been tough. When troubles come you like to think you’re different. You’re not. Enemies and haters accumulate. Schumer, Gillibrand, pals working in the state, friends I respected, fell like dominos. Lose your power and heartless politicians read the tea leaves. You’re dead. Over. Pols grab another piece of meat. The phrase ‘political friends’ is an oxymoron.”

And yet, he doesn't think he's done:

“Look, my interest is public service. There are no term limits so I can make another go in four years. I’m someone who delivers. And who knows, could be there’s nobody to beat me. Also who knows — maybe by then I’ll be sweeter.”

Will being "sweeter" in four years help him avoid accountability for all the excess COVID deaths resulting from his deadly 25 March 2020 directive?